1 cup plain flour
1/4 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons butter (3 x 20ml spoons)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup (1 x 20ml spoon)
1 tablespoon butter greasing
Preheat oven to 180C.
1. Sift flour, soda, cinnamon and ginger into a bowl.
2. Rub in butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add sugar.
4. Beat egg and golden syrup in a measuring jug and pour over dry ingredients.
5. Mix to a dough.
6. Roll into small balls. Place on greased trays and allow room to spread. Press gently with fork.
7. bake in a moderate oven 15-20 minutes.
8. Allow to cool. Remove and store.
Variations and Additions
Sprinkle top with sugar
2 T Sultanas
2 T Raisins