Spinach and Chicken Pancake Stack
1 cup wholemeal plain flour, (125g)
2 eggs, separated
1 cup low-fat milk, (250mL)
500 g frozen spinach
1/2 cup spring onions, sliced
1 cup diced chicken, cold (250g)
1 cup ricotta cheese, (250g)
1/2 cup parsley , chopped
1. In blender, combine flour, egg yolks, milk and nutmeg. Blend until smooth.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently add flour mixture.
3. Spoon a sixth of the mixture into a hot, greased pan and cook until bubbles appear. Turn and cook other side. Repeat with remaining mixture.
4. In a frying pan, combine spinach with spring onions and chicken. Heat through.
5. Add ricotta and parsley.
6. Place one pancake in the bottom of a pie dish, top with one fifth of the spinach filling. Repeat layers, finishing with a pancake.
7. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap and heat in microwave for about 10 minutes or cover with foil and heat in a moderate oven (180ÂºC/350ÂºF) for about 15 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
Notes: Pancakes can be cooked and frozen until ready to use. This dish can be made ahead and warmed in the microwave when needed.