Potato and Sweet Potato Creamy Bake
2 tbsp butter
2 medium leeks, halved and sliced
1 kg potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
600g sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cups light cream
2 tsp Masterfoods sour cream and chives sprinkle
1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp Masterfoods ground nutmeg
1 pinch Masterfoods cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200c. Lightly grease an 18cm x 25cm baking dish or large oval dish.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the leeks and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
3. Layer half the potatoes and sweet potato in the baking dish. Top with the leeks and layer with the remaining potato and sweet potato.
4. Combine the cream, Sour Cream and Chives Sprinkle, and chicken stock in a large jug. Pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and pepper. Bake in the oven for 1 – 1 1/2 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Cover with foil if the top starts to brown too much.
5. Serve the bake with barbecued meats.