Photo by Julie O’Malley
Apple Pie Cake (Thermomix)
85g plain flour
100g brown sugar (can use dark muscovado)
grind sea salt
115g butter, cubed
- Preheat oven 175C. Grease a 33 x 22cm pan. (line with baking paper, coming up over 2 sides for easy removal).
- Firstly make caster sugar for the cake mix: Add raw sugar to TM bowl. Mill 3 secs/speed 9. Remove from the bowl and set aside until needed.
- If your brown sugar for the topping has lumps, place into TM bowl along with the flour and mill for a 2-3 seconds, turning the dial up to 10. Not for too long, just to get rid of lumps.
- Add rest of topping ingredients into TM bowl. Combine 6 secs/speed 4. Remove to a bowl. No need to clean out bowl.
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g S.R flour
160g caster sugar
- Put all cake ingredients in TM and mix for 20 secs/speed 5. Scrape down bowl.
- Mix 10 secs/speed 5. Pour into prepared pan.
6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced (used pink lady)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tsp lemon juice
- Toss together the apple mixture ingredients and spread over the cake batter.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the apples evenly. Bake 35-60mins (mine took 35), until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
Adapted from Joanna Cismaru‘s Apple Pie Cake Recipe