Photo by Julie O’Malley
Jam Coconut Slice (Thermomix)
300g plain flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
250g jam (any flavour you like)
160g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Grease and line a rectangular slice tray (18cm X 28cm) with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, 90g sugar and the chilled butter at Sp 5 for 10 secs or until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add 1 egg and the vanilla essence and mix on Reverse Speed 2 for 30 secs or until the mixture has formed into a dough like consistency .
- Press dough firmly into the base of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
- Spread jam over warm base (keep putting on until you have a good covering).
- Place the remaining eggs and sugar into the TM bowl and mix at Speed 3 for 10 secs.
- Add the coconut and mix Reverse Speed 2 for 15 secs.
- Spread coconut mix over the jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting into slices.