2 tablespoons oil
2kg lean veal leg, diced
1 large onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
3 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
3 teaspoons sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander seeds
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
4 cups beef stock
200g pitted prunes
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add meat in batches and cook over a medium heat until well browned. Drain on paper towel.
2. Add onion to the non-stick pan, cook until golden brown. Stir in garlic, ginger, turmeric, paprika, pepper, cumin, coriander and cinnamon, cook for 1 minute. Blend in stock.
3. Place meat and onion mixture into removable crockery bowl. Cover with lid and cook on Low 7-8 hours or High 4 hours.
4. Stir in prunes, honey and orange rind 1 hour before end of cooking. Replace lid and continue cooking.
5. Spoon into serving bowls, top with mint.
Serve hot accompanied with steamed cous cous.