Sour Cherry Chocolate Cake
100g white melts
4 Tbsp cream
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
150g milk melts, melted
2 Tbsp cocoa
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 1/2 cups sour Morella cherries, well drained
1. Preheat oven to 175c. Grease and line 23cm round cake tin.
2. Combine white melts and 2 Tbsp of cream in a small saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until well combined, remove from heat.
3. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. (Don’t be concerned if mixture curdles.) Add milk melts and mix well. Fold in sifted cocoa and flour with remaining 2 Tbsp cream.
4. Spread half the batter into prepared tin. Swirl through 1/2 the white chocolate mixture and top with 1/2 the cherries. Repeat with remaining cake batter, white chocolate mixture and cherries.
5. Bake 55-60 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in tin 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
6. Serve warm dusted with icing sugar and cream if desired.
Note: This cake is very moist and will tend to dip slightly in the centre.