Pork with Kumera
2kg pork neck
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
4 medium brown onions, peeled and quartered
4 bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
3 medium kumera or sweet potato, peeled
2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
1 x 375ml can beer
2 tablespoons plain flour
1/4 cup vegetable stock
Freshly ground black pepper, if desired
1. Truss pork with wetted kitchen string to maintain an even shape.
2. Heat oil in a large frypan; add pork neck and brown well.
3. Place browned pork into removable crockery bowl.
4. Add garlic, onion and bacon to frypan and cook 1-2 minutes. Cut kumera into 4cm slices, add to frypan and cook 1-2 minutes.
5. Add cooked ingredients to removable crockery bowl, pour in stock and beer.
6. Cover with lid and cook on Low 6-8 hours or High 4 hours or until cooked.
7. Remove pork and kumera, cover with foil. Blend flour and stock, season if required, and stir into remaining liquid in removable crockery bowl. Select High setting and cook uncovered until liquid thickens and reduces.
8. Remove string from pork and slice.
Serve hot pork slices with kumera and bacon and onion sauce.