Mixed Chocolate Brownies
Melted butter to grease
85g good quality dark chocolate chopped
2 tsp instant coffee powder
125ml (1/2 cup) warm water
60g (3 tbsp) light butter/spread
155g (3/4 cup firmly packed) brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly whisked
75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
50 g (1/3 cup) SR flour
50 g (1/2 cup) cocoa
50 g (1/4 cup) white choc bits
2 tsp icing sugar mixture
2 tsp cocoa powder, extra
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Brush a square 19cm (base measurement) slab pan with melted butter (or spray) to lightly grease. Line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
2. Combine the dark chocolate, instant coffee, water, spread/butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
3. Add egg, combined sifted flours and cocoa powder, and stir until combined. Fold in the choc bits. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out slightly sticky. set aside in the pan for 20 minutes to cool completely and set.
5. Dust with combined icing sugar and extra cocoa powder. Cut into 16 pieces to serve.