500g mince beef (or lamb)
2 cans crushed tomato
2 cups rice, uncooked
1 cup grated cheese
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180Â°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the mince, egg, cheese and rice.
3. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
4. Roll into meatballs (any size is okay – just make sure they are not too big otherwise the cooking time will be longer).
5. Place the meatballs into a lightly greased casserole dish.
6. Pour the canned tomatoes over the meatballs.
7. Add the garlic, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Cover the casserole dish with the lid (or foil) and place in the oven for about 45 minutes.
9. Turn the meatballs and cook for a further 25 minutes or until cooked through.
10. Serve with steamed vegetables and mashed potato.