Makes approx 40 biscuits
125g butter, chopped coarsely
2 tablespoons golden syrup
3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon water
1 cup (90g) rolled oats
1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
1 cup (150g) plain flour
3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan-forced.
2. Combine butter and syrup in a small saucepan. Heat gently until butter and syrup melt.
3. Combine bicarbonate of soda and water in a small bowl and stir into butter mixture.
4. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour over warm butter mixture and stir well to combine.
5. Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place about 4 cm apart on baking paper lined baking trays and flatten slightly.
6. Bake in preheated oven 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes on baking trays; transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.