Melt and Mix Chocolate Chunk Mud Cake
200g butter chopped
300g good quality dark chocolate (please use good quality)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup self raising flour
1. Preheat oven to 160c. Great and line a 6cm deep, 20cm base round cake pan.
2. Place butter, 200g chocolate broken into squares and 1/4 cup hot water in a microwave heatproof bowl and microwave uncovered for 1-2 mins (stirring occasionally) until smooth.
3. Add cocoa powder to warm chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla, sugar and egg.
4. Stir flour over the chocolate mixture and stir gently until combined. Pour half the mixture into prepared pan, then chop remaining 100g chocolate and sprinkle half the chocolate over the cake mixture.
5. Top with remaining cake mixture. Sprinkle the left over chocolate over the top of cake. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre has moist crumbs clinging.
6. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
7. Turn cake onto a platter and dust with icing sugar and use a warm knife cut cake and serve with dollop of cream.