White Chocolate and Macadamia Shortbread
Serving size: Serves 10 or more
2 1/4 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons rice flour
1/3 cup icing sugar
250g butter, cubed
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted, chopped
50g white chocolate, finely chopped plus extra 100g, melted
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease and line 3 baking trays.
2. Sift flours and icing sugar together into a large bowl.
3. Add butter. Rub in using fingertips, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add macadamias and chocolate and press mixture together to form a ball (see tip). Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place onto prepared trays. Flatten slightly.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. Cool on trays. Dip each biscuit halfway into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off.
5. Arrange on baking paper-lined trays. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Tip: Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of water to the mixture to help bring it together and make it easier to handle.