Spicy Vegetable Pasties with Yoghurt Sauce
2 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
200g Light Cream Cheese
125g Butter, chopped
10g Butter, extra
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
450g grated vegetables
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 x 440g can chick peas, drained
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup Reduced Fat Yogurt
1. Blend flour, butter and cream cheese in a food processor to make a dough.
2. Knead lightly until smooth.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
4. Melt extra butter in a saucepan, sautÃ© ginger, cumin and vegetables.
5. Add juice, chick peas, coriander and rice.
7. Divide pastry into 8, roll or press out into 18 cm circles.
8. Divide filling between circles and fold in pasty shapes. Bake at 200Â°C for 20 minutes.
9. Serve with yogurt.