2 Tbsp water
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 cup milk
2 tsp cornflour
1 1/2 cups (230g) mixed cooked seafood
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
coarsely ground black pepper
salt to taste
1. Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with water, and bring to a rapid boil. Add pasta, and boil rapidly for 10-12 minutes until al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a medium saucepan, boil the 2 tablespoons of water. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender.
3. In a small bowl, blend 1 tablespoon of the milk with the cornflour to make a smooth paste. Then stir in the remainder of the milk. Add mixture to the onion and garlic, and stir constantly over medium heat until sauce thickens.
4. Over medium heat, add all the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine and heat through.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Toss gently to combine.
6. Serve at once.
Nutrition Data Per Serve
1495 kj (357 cal), CHO 48g, protein 31g, fat 4g
Recipe from “Diabetes Eat and Enjoy” by Christine Roberts; Jennifer McDonald; Margaret Cox.