Mississippi Mud Slice
250g butter, chopped
150g dark chocolate, chopped
2 cups caster sugar
1 cup hot water
1 Tbsp instant coffee powder
1 1/2 cups plain flour
l 1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Extra cocoa powder and icing sugar mixture, to decorate
1. Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, water and coffee in a large heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir over heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool mixture until its just warm.
3. Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Add a third of the chocolate mixture and mix well. remaining chocolate mixture and eggs and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
4. Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand cake in pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
5. Serve cake dusted with extra cocoa powder and icing sugar mixture.