White Chocolate Mud Cake
180g white eating chocolate, chopped
350g unsalted butter, chopped
2 2/3 cups (590g) caster sugar
1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
2 cups (300g) plain flour
2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
fresh roses, for decorating
white chocolate ganache
3/4 cup (180ml) cream
540g white eating chocolate, chopped finely
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 22cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
2. Combine chocolate, butter, sugar and milk in a large saucepan; stir over low
heat until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl; cool for 15 minutes.
3. Whisk in sifted flours, extract and eggs. Pour mixture into pan; bake for about
1 hour 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan.
4. White Chocolate Ganache: Meanwhile, bring the cream to a boil in a medium saucepan; remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until thick and spreadable.
5. Turn cake, top-side up, onto cake stand. Spread White Chocolate Ganache over top and side of cold cake. Decorate with fresh roses, if desired.