Photo by Mem
140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
150g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
50g (1/3 cup) plain flour, sifted
80ml (1/3 cup) milk
105g (1/3 cup) raspberry jam
125ml (1/2 cup) water
5 tsp gelatine powder
140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar, extra
80ml (1/3 cup) liquid glucose
1 tsp vanilla essence, extra
1-2 drops of pink food colouring
1-2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line ten 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans with paper cases. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Use a large metal spoon to fold in the combined flour and milk, in alternating batches, until just smooth. Divide among prepared pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool completely.
3. Cut a small hole in the top of each cake. Fill with a spoonful of jam.
4. Meanwhile, stir the water and gelatine in a saucepan over low heat until gelatine dissolves. Add the extra sugar. Stir for 3-5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Stir in the glucose. Set aside to cool slightly. Transfer to a bowl. Use an electric beater to beat for 5-10 minutes or until soft peaks form. Beat in the extra vanilla and food colouring.
5. Spoon marshmallow into a piping bag fitted with a fluted nozzle. Pipe onto the cakes. Sprinkle with coconut. Set aside to set.
Photo by Mem
Recipe from Taste