Individual Christmas Puddings
100g butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
2 x 60g eggs
1 1/2 cups (375g) self-raising flour, sifted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup brandy
1/2 cup (100g) mixed dried fruit
1/2 cup (100g) finely chopped dates
1. Cream butter, sugar and golden syrup; beat in eggs one at a time. Fold in flour, cinnamon, milk, sherry and fruits.
2. Spoon mixture into 6 x 1-cup well-greased and base-lined heat-proof containers, allowing 1cm from the top for rising. Cover each container with 1 round of greaseproof paper and 2 rounds of foil cut sufficiently wide to overlap the container. Secure the paper and foil around the container using kitchen string.
3. Place suitable sized trivet in removable crockery bowl and place prepared containers onto trivet. Carefully pour in sufficient water to come half way up the sides of the pudding containers.
4. Cover with lid and cook on Low 4-6 hours or High 2-3 hours. Maintain water level by adding boiling water if required.
5. At end of cooking, carefully remove each pudding container, wipe dry and remove string, paper and foil.
6. Turn out puddings by inverting onto individual serving plates, serve hot with brandy custard and fresh dates.