Chocolate Raspberry Slice
2 cups (300g) plain flour
1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups (385g) caster sugar
1 1/2 cups (120g) desiccated coconut
200g butter, melted
1/2 cup (175g) raspberry jam
1 cup (160g) icing sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
10g butter, melted
2 Tbsp boiling water, approximately.
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Grease and line an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a medium bowl. Stir in the sugar, coconut, then the eggs and butter, and mix well.
- Spoon half the mixture over the base of the prepared pan and use your hands or a metal spatula to press firmly into an even layer. Spread evenly with jam.
- Place teaspoonfuls of remaining mixture evenly over the jam layer. Use a fork or metal spatula to spread mixture into an even layer. Bake for about 60 minutes or until just firm.
- Chocolate Icing: Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a medium bowl. Add butter and water, and stir to a spreadable consistency.
- Spread icing over hot slice; cool in pan before cutting into squares.
Slice can be made up to 3 days ahead. Keep in an airtight container in a cool place.