1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 rashers bacon, rind removed, chopped
200g mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
3 sheets ready-rolled butter puff pastry
1 cup cream
baby spinach leaves, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Place a baking tray into oven.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and thyme. Cook for 3 minutes. Season. Cool.
3. Cut 2 x 14cm circles from each pastry sheet. Ease circles into 6 x 12cm (base) loose-base tart pans. Spoon bacon mixture over pasty. Place pans onto hot tray.
4. Whisk eggs, cream, and salt and pepper together. Pour over bacon mixture.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with baby spinach leaves.