1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter (3 x 20ml spoons)
1/2 cup sugar (caster)
1 1/2 cups S.R. flour
1 teaspoon butter (topping)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter (greasing)
Preheat oven to 190C.
1. Grease sandwich tin.
2. Measure and sift flour onto plate.
3. Break egg into a cup and beat with a fork.
4. Measure milk into jug.
5. Place butter and sugar into bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
6. Using electric beater, beat butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
7. Add beaten egg and mix well.
8. Remove electric beater and using the wooden spoon add flour and milk alternately, one third at a time, folding lightly.
9. Place mixture in greased sandwich tin and bake in moderate oven for 20-25 minutes.
10. When cooked brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
APPLE – Peel and core cooking apple and slice thinly. Arrange around the top of cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.