Bread and Butter Pudding
2 1/2 cups (600ml) skim or low-fat milk
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3 slices wholegrain bread
2 teaspoons margarine
2 Tablespoons sultanas
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Place eggs in bowl and beat.
2. Add milk and vanilla essence.
3. Spread bread with margarine and cut each slice into four squares.
4. Place three squares in each of four individual baking dishes.
5. Pour an equal amount of the mixture into each dish.
6. Sprinkle sultanas and nutmeg evenly into the four dishes.
7. Place the four individual dishes in a larger baking dish, and carefully pour water into the larger baking dish to reach two-thirds up the outside of the individual baking dishes.
8. Bake in a preheated 180c (350f) oven for 30-45 minutes until set, or arrange the puddings in a wide circle in the microwave to ensure even cooking. Microwave on medium for 8-10 minutes.
NUTRITIONAL DATA PER SERVE:
837 KJ (200 cal), CHO 19g, protein 13g, fat 8g.