Sun Sparkle Cheesecake
Basic Cheesecake Mixture:
1 x 440g can condensed milk
375g cream cheese or sieved cottage cheese
1/3 cup lemon juice (2 large lemons)
2/3 cup whipped cream
1 Tbsp gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
Basic Crumb Crust:
1 generous cup corn flake crumbs or crumbed biscuits (about 11 butternut snap biscuits)
60g melted butter
1 x 450g can crushed pineapple plus liquid
2 oranges, juiced
2 passionfruit, pulped
Arrowroot to thicken (or cornflour)
1. Mix the ingredients of the Basic Crumb Crust. Press firmly onto base only of greased 20cm spring form tin and refrigerate
2. Combine the ingredients of the fruit mixture excluding the arrowroot and set aside.
3. Beat softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Gradually add condensed milk, beating well, and then add lemon juice gradually. Whip cream and fold into mixture. Add dissolved gelatine.
4. Add 1/3 fruit mixture to Basic Cheesecake mixture. Pour into prepared spring form tin. Allow to set.
5. Heat remaining 2/3 fruit mixture, thicken with arrowroot. Spread over cake. Refrigerate till firm.
6. Decorate with cream.