Strawberry Passionfruit Pavlova Roll
4 egg whites
3/4 cup castor sugar
1/3 cup flaked almonds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
250g fresh strawberries
1 cup thickened cream
1/4 cup strawberry liquor (optional)
Pulp of two passionfruit (fresh or tinned)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a swiss roll tin.
2. Beat the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form.
3. Add most of the castor sugar, a tablespoon at a time.
4. Beat for about five minutes then spread the meringue mixture evenly into the tin, flake the almonds over the top.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until it is firm to touch.
6. Take it out of the oven, put a large sheet of baking paper on to the work surface and sprinkle it with the rest of the caster sugar and the ground cinnamon and then turn the meringue out onto the paper.
7. Peel off the lining paper and let it cool for about two minutes.
8. Cream Filling: Chop up strawberries, reserve a few for decoration afterwards, beat the cream, add together, spread the cream over the meringue and then spoon over the passionfruit pulp and roll it up. Pipe some cream on top and add the strawberries.