measuring jug, cups and spoons
large mixing bowl
pie or flan dish
1 teaspoon oil
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 small onion
3 rashers bacon
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon parsley
50 g cheese
120 ml cream
120 ml milk
1 small carrot
1. Ask an adult to preheat the oven to 190’C.
2. Break the eggs into the mixing bowl and beat them quickly with the fork until they are light and fluffy.
3. Add the cream and milk and stir with the wooden spoon until mixed.
4. Carefully chop the tomato and onion into very small pieces. Put them in the bowl.
5. Wash and peel the carrot.
6. Using the large holes in the grater, grate the carrot and put it into the bowl.
7. Carefully cut the rind from the bacon. Cut the bacon into small pieces. Put them into the bowl.
8. Now add the basil and parsley.
9. Stir 20 times to mix everything together.
10. Pour the oil into the pie dish. Using your fingertips spread the oil around until it coats the bottom and sides of the dish. Wipe your fingers on the paper towel.
11. Sprinkle the sesame seeds evenly over the bottom and sides of the dish. This will be the crust.
12. Spoon the egg mixture gently into the dish.
13. Using the large holes in the grater, grate enough cheese to fill 1/4 cup.
14. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the quiche.
15. Ask an adult to place the dish into the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
16. After 25 minutes the quiche should be light brown on top and set inside. Ask an adult to check the quiche and remove it from the oven if it is ready.
17. Leave the quiche to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Quick quiche is delicious served hot or cold.