Potato and Leek Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 rashers bacon, chopped
3 medium leeks, sliced thinly
1 kg potatoes, peeled and diced
4 cups chicken stock
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan; add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove from pan.
2. Add leeks to the same pan and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until leeks are tender. Transfer to slow cooker.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except pepper and parmesan in slow cook. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours. Cool before blending.
4. Blend or process cooled soup until smooth. Add bacon and reheat in slow cooker for about 1 on high, or until hot.
5. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
6. Serve soup topped with parmesan cheese.
Tip: This recipe may be doubled if desired.