Chocolate Hedgehog Slice
1 1/2 x 200g packets Marie biscuits, coarsely chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
250g butter, chopped
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
150g dark chocolate, melted
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan; line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
2. Combine biscuits, nuts and coconut in large bowl.
3. Place butter, sugar and sifted cocoa in a medium pan; stir over heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; whisk in egg.
4. Pour chocolate mixture over biscuit mixture; mix well. Press into prepared pan. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
5. Turn slice onto a chopping board; cut into pieces. Spoon combined warm, melted chocolate and oil in a small snap-lock plastic bag. Squeeze chocolate to one corner; twist bag, then snip tip of bag. Drizzle chocolate over top of slice; refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until chocolate is set.
Slice can be made up to four days ahead; store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.