Blueberry Crumble Pizza
1 quantity Basic pizza dough (see bellow)
1/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
2 cups frozen blueberries, partially thawed
ice-cream or thickened cream, to serve
1/2 cup plain flour
60g butter, chilled, chopped
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a large flat baking tray. Follow steps 1 to 3 of Basic pizza dough recipe (see related recipe). Roll dough into a 20cm x 32cm rectangle. Place on prepared tray.
2. Make crumble: Combine flour and butter in a bowl. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar and almonds.
3. Place chocolate-hazelnut spread in a small heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 20 seconds or until soft and spreadable. Spread over pizza base. Top with blueberries. Sprinkle over crumble. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until base is crisp. Serve with ice-cream or cream.
4. Strawberry crumble pizza: Replace the blueberries with 375g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced.
5. Apple crumble pizza: Replace the blueberries with 400g can apple pie fruit.
Basic Pizza Dough
Makes 1 pizza
7g sachet dry yeast
1 teaspoon caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Combine 3/4 cup warm water, yeast, sugar and salt in a jug. Whisk with a fork to dissolve. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
2. Sift flour into a bowl. Add yeast mixture and oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 25 to 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
3. Use your fist to punch dough down. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.