Photo by Julie O’Malley
Thermo White Choc and Macadamia Cookies (Thermomix)
200g macadamia nuts, unsalted
200g butter, room temperature
100g raw sugar
80g brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
200g white chocolate buttons
- Place nuts in TM bowl, chop for 2 seconds, speed 5. Set aside.
- Without cleaning TM bowl add sugars, butter and vanilla, mix for 1 minute, speed 4.
- Add eggs, mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Add flour and baking powder, mix for 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Add nuts and chocolate, knead for 2 minutes, interval speed.
- Lay out 2 large sheets of cling film and place half the dough in the middle of each. Shape into a log and roll up securely by twisting both ends. Repeat with remaining dough. Place in freezer for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Unwrap dough from cling film and use a sharp knife to cut into 1 cm disks. Lay on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, or until cookies have lightly browned.
- Place cookies on a rack to cool before serving.