Tarragon Chicken in Filo Pastry
Serves: 4 people
4 chicken breasts
1 Tbsp flour, plain
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp tarragon, chopped
2 tsp parsley, chopped
1 tsp mustard, French
Small pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 cup butter
200g filo pastry
1. Remove skin from chicken, dust lightly with flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan, add chicken, cook until golden on both sides. Remove from pan and allow to become completely cold.
2. Prepare tarragon butter: Combine softened butter with remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Use two sheets of Filo pastry for each piece of chicken. Brush first sheet of pastry lightly with melted butter, cover with second sheet of pastry and brush again with butter.
4. Place chicken in center at one end of pastry, spread top of chicken with some tarragon butter, fold sides of pastry over chicken, roll up to completely enclose chicken. Repeat with remaining chicken, butter and pastry.
5. Place pastry rolls on greased oven tray, brush tops of rolls with butter. Bake in moderately hot oven 10 minutes, reduce heat to moderate, continue to bake a further 15 minutes until golden brown.