Photo by Julie O’Malley
Sweet Potato, Feta and Basil Quiche (Thermomix)
75g plain flour
75g self raising flour
20g butter, melted
250g sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon olive oil
150g feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons basil leaves, shredded
1 garlic clove, peeled
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Lay sweet potato on baking tray, drizzle with oil and bake 10 minutes until just tender. Cool slightly.
- Grease 23cm nonstick quiche tin with removable base.
- Place all pastry ingredients in tmx bowl and knead until combined.
- Tip out onto silmat and roll out and line tin with pastry.
- Place sweet potato on pastry, sprinkle with feta and basil.
- Place garlic in tmx and chop 5 seconds, speed 5.
- Add eggs, cream, milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix 10 to 15 seconds, speed 4.
- Pour into quiche tin and bake 35 minutes until set.