Super Simple Apple and Raspberry Jam
500g Raspberries (hulled and rinsed)
500g Apples, peeled and cored
1kg CSR Jam Setting Sugar
A Knob of Butter
1. Cut the apple into small pieces and place in a food processor. Process lightly until a paste forms.
2. Place the raspberries in the food processor and pulse to gently break up.
3. Place the combined apple and raspberry mixture and CSR Jam Setting Sugar in a large, heavy based 6 litre pot.
4. Heat the mixture over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Do not allow to boil.
5. Add a knob of butter, increase the heat and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down).
6. Boil for 4 minutes only. Remove from the heat, skim off any foam, test for set and bottle immediately.
Makes approximately 1.5kg of jam.