Super Fast Strawberry Jam
1 kg Strawberries (hulled and rinsed)
1 kg CSR Jam Setting Sugar
A Knob of Butter
1. Crush strawberries coarsely with a potato masher or blender.
2. Place strawberries and sugar in a large, heavy based 6 litre pot.
3. Heat mixture over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Do not allow to boil.
4. Add a knob of butter then increase heat and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down).
5. Boil for 4 minutes only. Remove from heat, skim off any foam, test for set and bottle in pre-sterilised jars
Makes approximately 1.5kg of jam.