Simple Ice Cream Cake
3 Litres vanilla ice cream
200g glace cherries
160g pistachios, roughly chopped
125g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
150g frozen raspberries, partially thawed
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 bottle Ice Magic for decoration
Extra strawberries and icing sugar for decoration
1. Lightly grease and line a 10-cup capacity glass bowl with plastic wrap. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and stand at room temperature until softened (do not melt completely).
2. Spoon 2/3rds of the ice-cream into a separate large bowl, and stir in the glace cherries and pistachios until well combined. Transfer to lined bowl, spreading mixture over the entire side surface and leaving centre empty. Put the remaining ice-cream back in the freezer.
3. Lightly brush the outside of a 4 cup capacity bowl with oil, and the place in the centre of the ice cream. Freeze for about 1 and 1/2 hours or until firm, then remove the inner bowl and return to freezer.
4. Stand the remaining ice-cream until softened. Place strawberries, raspberries and icing sugar in a food processor and puree. Mix with the ice-cream in a large bowl, then spoon into the cavity in the frozen ice-cream. Freeze until solid.
5. To serve, remove from freezer and place bowl upside down on a serving platter. Rub a warm, wet cloth over the outside of the bowl to loosen. Gently ease cake from bowl and remove the plastic wrap. Drizzle the Ice Magic over the top and decorate with the extra strawberries and dust with icing sugar.