Black Forest Cheesecake
250g plain uniced chocolate biscuits, finely crushed
125g butter, melted
3 teaspoons gelatine
1/2 cup water
250g packet cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
300ml carton thickened cream
425g can pitted black cherries
1 Tablespoon cornflour
1 Tablespoon caster sugar
1 Tablespoon dark rum
1. Combine crumbs and butter in bowl, mix well; press over base and side of 20cm springform tin, refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle gelatine over water in cup, stand in small pan of simmering water, stir until dissolved; cool.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar and juice in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth and creamy; transfer to large bowl.
4. Whip cream until soft peaks form, fold into cheese mixture; fold in gelatine mixture. Drain cherries, reserve 3/4 cup syrup for topping.
5. Spoon one-third of cheese mixture into crumb crust, top with half the cherries, then continue layering, ending with cheese mixture. Refrigerate several hours or until firm.
6. Spread topping over cheesecake, swirl gently into cheese mixture. Refrigerate until set.
7. Topping: Blend cornflour and sugar with reserved syrup in pan. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens, stir in rum; cool 10 minutes before using.
Serves 6 to 8