Photo by EmmCee
Pistachio and Rosewater Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
225g unsalted butter, softened
225g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
1 tsp rosewater
For the Icing:
200g cream cheese
175g icing sugar, sieved
2 Tbsp rose water
3 Tbsp chopped pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F / Gas mark 4).
2. Place 18 paper baking cases in muffin tins.
3. Combine all the cupcake ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with an electric whisk until smooth and pale, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Spoon the batter into the cases.
5. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, test with a skewer.
6. Remove tins from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.
7. For the Icing: Combine the cream cheese and icing sugar, and beat with an electric whisk until soft and creamy.
8. Add the rosewater and 1/2 the pistachios, and stir well.
9. Swirl onto cupcakes and sprinkle remaining pistachios over icing.
Store without icing for up to 3 days in an airtight container, or freeze for up to 3 months.