Mem’s Pasta Pie
400g Penne Pasta
4 bacon rashers, diced
1 cup diced spring onion
1 tin diced tomatoes
1 cup grated cheese
2 cups milk
fresh herbs such as oregano, thyme, parsley
Preheat the oven to 180c.
1. Grease a large casserole dish.
2. Cook the pasta in salted water until just cooked, stirring occasionally to stop from sticking. Drain and place into dish.
3. In a frypan cook the bacon. Add the diced tomatoes and stir until heated.
4. Mix the shallots and tomato mixture into the pasta and level the pasta.
5. Spread the cheese over the top.
6. Beat eggs and milk together; then add chopped herbs. Pour over pasta.
7. Bake for 40-50 mins – until the filling has set and is lightly browned.