500 g cold cooked rice
1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
155 g lean bacon or ham, chopped, or
185 g lean pork or chicken, or
125 g prawn, crab meat or crayfish
125 g mushrooms
60 g bamboo shoots, or
60 g beanshoots, optional
60 g cooked fresh or uncooked frozen peas
2 tablespoons spring onions
1 tablespoon salt reduced soy sauce
1 X 125g can whole kernel sweetcorn
2 stalks celery, fined chopped
1 red or green capsicum, chopped
60 g unsalted peanuts
1. Beat eggs and set aside.
2. Chop or slice vegetables.
3. Heat oil in large pan or wok. Add bacon, fry quickly then add rice.
4. Add all other ingredients except eggs and soya sauce. Stir continually to ensure even cooking without burning.
5. Make a hole in centre of pan by scraping rice to one side. Pour eggs into hole and cook. Stir eggs into mixture and keep stirring until eggs have been mixed in and are quite dry.
6. Finally add soya sauce. Be careful not to overcook. Vegetables should still be slightly crisp.