Flourless Fruit Cake
450g Mincemeat (Fruitmince)
350g Dried mixed fruits
115g Ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
115g Ready-to-eat dried figs, chopped
115g Glace cherries, halved
115g Walnuts pieces
225g Cornflakes, crushed
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
410g Evaporated milk
5ml Mixed spice
5ml Baking powder
Mixed glace fruits, chopped to decorate
* Preheat oven to slow 150C/300F/Gas 2. Grease a 25cm round cake tin, line the base and sides with a double thickness of greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
* Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Beat together well.
* Turn into the cake tin and smooth the surface.
* Bake for about 1 3/4 hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
* Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack, peel off the lining paper and leave to cool completely.
* Decorate with the chopped glace fruits.