Photo by Julie O’Malley
Decadent Chocolate Biscuits (Thermomix)
2 tablspoons dark rum, Triple Sec or orange juice
1 cup sultanas
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 tablespoon cocoa
100g dark chocolate (Lindt goes nice)
- Soak the sultanas in the rum overnight.
- Place the broken up chocolate into the thermomix – locked 3 seconds on Speed 8. If you want chunkier pieces do it for less time. Remove to another bowl.
- Place butter, sugars and egg into thermomix – locked Speed 5 for 10 seconds (may need scraping down).
- Add flour and cocoa to thermomix – locked Speed 4 for 25 seconds.
- Add the sultanas and chocolate. Thermomix counter clock speed 5 for 11 seconds (You may need to use a higher speed as this is a stiff mixture).
- Place spoonfuls onto a lined baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on trays as they firm up as they cool.
- Could add macadamias or almonds.
- Lindt Orange Intense chocolate doesn’t go well with rum.