Photo by Julie O’Malley
Lemon Muffins (Thermomix)
Makes 12 Muffins
2 cups (340gms) Self Raising Flour
3/4 cup (150gms) sugar
75gms butter – melted
1 cup (250mls) milk
1 large egg
rind of one lemon or two small lemons
60mls lemon juice
55gms extra sugar
- Place lemon rind and sugar into TM bowl and grind 20 secs/speed 8.
- Add milk, melted butter, self-raising flour, and egg.
- Mix for about 25 secs/speed 7 or until just combined.
- Place into greased muffin pan and bake 200c for approx 10-12 mins or until cooked.
To Make Topping:
- Mix together in a small bowl the lemon juice & extra sugar:- no need to dissolve the sugar. As soon as the muffins come out of the oven drizzle this mixture over each muffin. Leave to stand in the pans for only a few minutes after this, in case the syrup hardens as it cools and the muffins stick to their pans.