1 chicken breast fillet (200g)
1 small eggplant (230g), sliced thinly
1 teaspoon crystal salt
1 small brown onion (80g), sliced thinly
400g canned diced tomatoes
1/4 cup (50g) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
1 cup (250ml) milk
1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
50g kasseri cheese, grated
1. Preheat grill. Grease a small ovenproof dish.
2. Make bechamel sauce.
3. Cook chicken in a lightly oiled small fry pan until browned both sides and cooked through. Remove from pan, slice thinly
4. Meanwhile, combine eggplant and salt in medium bowl, stand 5 minutes. Cook onion in heated lightly oiled medium frying pan, stirring until softened. Add eggplant, cook for 3 minutes or until both sides are browned. Add tomato and chickpeas, bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Place chicken in prepared ovenproof dish, top with eggplant mixture. Spread bechamel sauce over tomato mixture. Place dish under a preheated grill. Grill, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until browned lightly.
1. Place milk and cloves into a small saucepan; bring to boil.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan, add flour, cook stirring, about 2 minutes or until mixture thickens and bubbles. Gradually stir in milk; cook stirring until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat stir through cheese.