Blueberry and Banana Muffins
1 1/2 cups unbleached self-raising flour
1/2 cup unbleached white plain flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon or mixed spice
1 cup fresh frozen or tinned blueberries (drain well)
2 bananas, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup apple juice concentrate
3/4 cup low-fat milk
3 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 180c and lightly grease muffin pan.
2. Sift the flours and spice into a medium sized bowl and add the blueberries and banana.
3. In another bowl, combine the grapeseed oil, apple juice concentrate, milk and egg whites, and beat well.
4. Add the egg mixture to the flour and fruit and stir thoroughly.
5. Spoon into muffin tray and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
6. Remove the muffins immediately from the tray and allow to cool, covered with a tea towel, on a wire rack.