1 loaf serves 10
Cooking spray to grease tin
40g (1/4 cup) wholemeal plain flour
265g (1 3/4 cup) wholemeal self raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
125ml (1/2 cup) skim milk
2 eggs, lightly whisked
50g salt reduced butter, melted, cooled
2 overripe medium bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Spray tin with cooking spray.
3. Sift both flours into a bowl and add cinnamon and brown sugar. Stir and make a well in the middle.
4. In a separate bowl combine melted butter, milk, eggs and mashed bananas. Stir.
5. Add banana liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
6. Pour mixture into tin and smooth down the top. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
7. Put it in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Check that it is cooked by inserting a skewer into the loaf to see if it comes out clean.
8. Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.