Photo by Denise C
Makes 12 slices
110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
75g (1/2 cup) SR Flour
35g (1/4 cup) cornflour
2 Tbsp apricot jam (more is optional)
80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar
3tsp hot water
1 1/2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
1. Grease 26cm x 8cm bar pan, line base and sides with baking paper, taking the paper up above the top of the pan. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer for 2 mins or until pale. Add sugar a spoonful at a time, beating until well combined between additions.
3. Fold in sifted flour and cornflour with a spoon. Pour into prepared pan; bake for 20 mins or until golden brown and firm in centre.
4. Turn onto wire rack, leave upside down to cool. Cut cake in half lengthways, join layers together with jam.
5. Sift icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl, stir in the water. Spread over cake, sprinkle with coconut and served sliced.
Submitted by Denise C