Port Wine Gravy with Mushrooms
2 large shallots, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cup port wine
1 cup low-fat chicken broth
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 lbs sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pour out all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the turkey roasting pan.
2. Place the pan on two burners over low heat.
3. Add shallots and garlic and cook about 4-5 minutes.
4. Raise heat to high and scrape bits off the bottom of the pan.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the wine, broth and flour.
6. Add broth mixture and mushrooms to pan and cook on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until thickened to desired texture.
7. Taste for salt and pepper.
8. Spoon the mushrooms into a gravy bowl, then strain the gravy into the bowl.
9. Mix gently to combine mushrooms and gravy.