Hazelnut and Chocolate Friands
200g roasted hazelnuts ground into hazelnut meal
185g melted unsalted butter
6 egg whites beaten till frothy (not peaked)
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1/4 cup Dutch cocoa powder
2 cups icing sugar
Extra icing sugar to dust
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Grease a 12 cup Friand tin (muffin tins or bar tins also work well).
2. Roast nuts for 8 minutes, remove and rub with a tea towel to remove skins, grind in a food processor.
3. Melt butter, set aside to cool.
4. Lightly whisk eggs until frothy, set aside.
5. Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients; add melted butter, hazelnut meal and eggwhites, mix to form a wet and lumpy batter.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.