Fruit Mince Pies
5 cups (750g) Mixed Fruit
3/4 cup (100g) Slivered Almonds
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
Rind and juice of 1 small lemon
Rind and juice of 1 small orange
1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
100g butter, melted
3/4 cup brandy
1 packet frozen shortcrust pastry
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup icing sugar to decorate
1. Coarsely chop fruit and transfer to a heatproof dish.
2. Stir in sugar, rind and juice, spices, melted butter and brandy.
3. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute.
4. Remove and set aside covered for 5 minutes, then chill for 2-3 hours.
To Make Pies
1. Preheat oven to 180Â°C
2. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out bases and cut Christmas tree shapes. Press bases into non-stick pie pans.
3. Chop almonds coarsely in a food processor and stir into fruit mixture.
4. Fill bases with mixture and place tree shape on top. Brush with milk.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.