2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup milk
1 – 1 1/2 cups blueberries. Can also use blackberries, Cubed peaches, pineapple or banana.
1 Tbsp sugar (extra)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
* Sieve first 3 dry ingredients into a bowl. Add caster sugar. Melt butter, remove from heat then add milk and egg and beat to combine the three.
* Prepare the fruit, and then tip the liquid and fruit into the dry ingredients. Take great care not to over-mix and fold everything together. Flour should be dampened but mixture should not be smooth.
* Grease muffin pans (and/or use paper cases).
* Without extra stirring or mixing fill each half to 3/4 full.
* Combine 2nd measure of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
* Bake 220 C for about 12-15 minutes (depending on size of muffin tins) until muffins spring back when pressed in the middle.
* Remove from oven, stand for 2-3 mins then twist muffins carefully to loosen before lifting from pans.